Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Day 23



I was so nervous today, because this was my first time to teach the real students. I had already gone to Mathayom 4/2 after the ceremony. I waited Aj. Fang in front of the class, but she did not come.
The students of Mathayom 4/2 came to me and told me that Aj. Fang changed the schedule in the morning to the afternoon, OMG, it made me so nervous.
So, I had to teach Mathayom 4/3 first.
I taught Mathayom 4/3 about a Polynomial and the topic was using Horner’s Method to find factors of a Polynomial. I had two rules for my class, first rule : if I raise my hand they have to raise their hand, it means I want them to pay attention to me. The second rule : if I say “Hi” they have to answer me “Hallo” and if I say “Hallo” they have to answer me “Hi”.
I used cooperative learning or students center method for my lesson (talking stick and scramble).
When I was using the talking stick, I gave some exercises to the students and I would ask the students to count from one to the certain number and the talking stick will move from one students to another students, and the students had to answer the question in white board. Then, I divided students into small groups consist of five to six students and I gave the random cards (the question cards and the answer cards) to each groups and students match the cards. Then,I made a table (for question and answer cards) in the white board and the students put the answer card on it. After that, I choose the best group who match the cards correctly and quickly and I gave a reward to them.
I did the same in Mathayom 4/2.
The students could understand my lesson, but sometime Aj. Fang had to translate my explanation to them. At the end of the lesson, I gave them individual test, and they could answer the questions correctly, they were so awesome.
This was so fun, I hope I could teach this class again someday. J







No comments:

Post a Comment